We need be aware of your mind just like any other organ, the brain sways weak or strong. Scientists have studied the human mind intently over recent decades and have uncovered some fascinating flaws and strengths. We fail ourselves and we fail others if we remain unaware. Here are some statements that challenge how we may think about how our minds work.
1. Finding a truth is like hitting a bull’s-eye. Otherwise, you are missing.
2. When we don’t know, the easiest response is the one most taken.
3. If we see a falsehood repeated often, we give it credibility.
4. You are what you read. Food is either good for you or bad for you.
5. Ideas are social. We do not know alone.
6. You need to be intentional about your search.
7. Ideas lead somewhere.
8. When we fail, it is because of our assumptions.
9. We all encounter decision fatigue.
10. If certain ideas lead to awe and wonder, then we need more of them.
11. Certain habits, driven by thoughts, lead to ignorance.
12. Being critical too often is being biased.
13. When we don’t know, do we always try?
14. Can you relate to the facts? Wonder or wander.
15. The world does not respect our minds. It rewards or punishes behaviors.
16. Questions of faith always lead to scriptures, of one kind or another.
17. Obtaining knowledge is not just enriching, it is life changing.
18. Don’t take the microphone if you have nothing to say.
19. Bringing light brings help to some and for a few it opens their eyes.
20. Challenges coming from the world are always unexpected.